- Working on the front end of a React/Redux web app which allows users to define a group of twitter users referred to as an audience and then surface insights based on what that audience is posting and sharing.
- Contributing to the development of a Pattern Library to produce reusable UI components used throughout the web app.
- Organized a data science reading group across the engineering department to discuss papers and spread knowledge on topics such as Natural Language Processing, Reinforcement Learning and Deep Learning.
- Worked as part of an early access program to develop an integration to Twitter's Ads API which was in beta at the time. Allowing Brandwatch users to curate audiences for Twitter advertising campaigns based on the insights gained using the Brandwatch Analytics platform.
- Worked on administration features for Brandwatch's primary product built with Backbone.js, including features for agency clients to allow their account managers to administrate and monitor multiple sub-clients easily.
- Carried out a major UI update to the existing administration dashboards, and additional UI elements to the core app.
Mobile Developer - Playtech (formerly Ash Gaming), London (August 2012 - September 2013)
- Assisted the head of the department with recruiting new developers. Sat in on interviews with potential candidates and provided feedback.
- Researched solutions to device specific problems when implementing HTML5 games on both iOS and Android devices.
- Worked on large projects individually and as part of a team. Made use of SVN source control, working on separate branches and merging to the trunk where necessary.
Lecturer's Assistant - University of Brighton, East Sussex (February 2012 - May 2012)
- Assisted first year students taking a range of degrees from Computer Science to Digital Media with their Web Development Course (CI135)..
- Aided the lecturer in guiding students who had problems with programming tasks in lab sessions..
- Answered questions that students had outside of the programming tasks, in order to aid them in trickier parts of their final assessment in the module.
Junior Localisation Developer - Playtech (formerly Ash Gaming), London (June 2010 - August 2012)
- Developed translated versions of Flash games produced at Ash Gaming.
- Programmed tools and organized procedures in order to optimise workflow within the department.
- Worked with and adapted existing code from other departments to solve bugs which occur within projects during the localisation process.
- Worked on several internet based Flash Games which are now live and playable on websites such as williamhill.com and 888.com.
MSc., University of Sussex, UK, 2014
Dissertation Topic: Generalising a Part-of-Speech Tagger's Output With the Aim to Increase the Performance of Downstream Processing
- Natural Language Engineering
- Mathematics and Computational Methods for Complex Systems
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Machine Learning
BSc., Computer Science (Games), University of Brighton, UK, 2012
Dissertation Topic: A Functional Ant Colony Simulation
- Computer Graphics Algorithms
- Programming Languages, Concurrency and Client-Server Computing
- Advanced AI
Elementary German Language Course
Technology Applications and Expertise
(ordered by frequence of use)
- Other Tools
- Git and Jira
- Vim, Visual Studio Code
- Mac, Linux (Debian), Windows